Bass Boat Mods > Custom Lighting

Bow LED

<< < (2/7) > >>

Jimmy RodandReel:
here's a pic of mine.  (y)

Coast Guard Approval is NOT needed for bow and stern lighting.
 I have a CC station right here at my local ramp and I have talked with the Commander a few time about this very subject. 
  The CC DOES NOT care about what brand or type of light a person uses for bow and stern lighting as long as it meets any and all CC requirements and boating regulations for your size vessel.
Let give you an example.  If you loose your pole light and run down to you local wal-he** or local marine dealer and buy a new light. Look on the package.......You WILL NOT see "Coast Guard Approved" anywhere on the packaging.
  Some lighting companies are using a "paperwork approval" as a selling point to justify their high prices.

Bullet3119:
Well said Jimmy, and that is exactly right.

Curt:

--- Quote from: Jimmy RodandReel on March 18, 2015, 09:50:05 AM ---here's a pic of mine.  (y)

--- End quote ---

Awesome pic @Jimmy RodandReel  (y)

Those lights are simply stuck on with adhesive, correct? And if I remember correctly, a small (1/8 inich) hole needs to be drilled to run the wire through?

Jimmy RodandReel:
On my model boat that's all you can do, peel and stick because I have no rub rail. And yes one small 1/8in hole to run the wires

Curt:

--- Quote from: Jimmy RodandReel on March 18, 2015, 11:00:25 AM ---On my model boat that's all you can do, peel and stick because I have no rub rail. And yes one small 1/8in hole to run the wires

--- End quote ---

I just checked my boat and I actually do have a rub rail all the way to the bow.

So I guess I would have to cut my rub rail? @Bullet3119 How would this work if I have a rub rail?  (dk)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version