Bass Boat Forums (by boat brand) > G3 Bass Boats Forums

G3 Likes and Dislikes? - HP 180 Boat Review

<< < (2/5) > >>

Piker:
I have a HP180 also- 2004 hull and 03 engine.  I Skeeter/Yamaha owns them.  The thing I don't like is that they don't make these models anymore!  I have a dual console with one split live-well with a baffle between the two sides.  I never use rod lockers for anything other than storage on non-rod items. 

Curt:
@Piker nice boat!

The 04 models didn't have hydraulic steering, did they?

Mine does and I'm so glad. Another friend of mine has one... Maybe an 04 or 05 And it didn't have it.

Also glad mine actually has 2 separate livewells and not a divided one. Looks like I made out by getting the later model year.

Not sure what I'll do if/when I buy another new boat, since they stopped making the HP series. I might have to move to Xpress.

Piker:
No hydraulic steering on mine- and maneuvering in tight places can be limiting.  Also- the baffle between the two sides of the live-well can allow some crappie to slip from one side to the other- or they may go over the top of the baffle.  Could cause problems with fish separation and game-wardens when two people fish.  BTW- what size/pich prop do you have on yours?  I have a manual jack-plate on mine and wanted to tweak the set-up a bit to get more speed.  I have to get my water pressure gauge replaced first to prevent going too high and not having water pressure.

Curt:
@Piker I'm not at home so I can't check my prop. But I'll check it later on and let you know. I do know that it's a bit on the steep side. It's a beast out of the hole, but I do know that I could get better top end by 're-propping.

I also want to add a jackplate but was told by G3 that this hull had never been tested with a jackplate, so if I add one it will void the warranty on the hull. Probably gonna do it anyway (giggle)

Piker:
I heard that about the JP, but I bought mine used and it already had a JP on it- I don't know if the previous owner put it on or if it came from the factory before the "No JP" policy took effect.  I haven't had any problem with my transom.  I just checked mine- it is a 23M Linden Prop.  I get 53-54 mph fully loaded, but it is "loaded" with gear.  I would like to crack 60, but I haven't heard of many that could do that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version