BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 178
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: G3 Likes and Dislikes? - HP 180 Boat Review  (Read 67675 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Re: G3 Likes and Dislikes? - HP 180 Boat Review
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2016, 07:48:18 PM »
Well, my jackplate main bolt is stripped, so the marina that tried to adjust it clamped the side bolts down to what the thought was about right.  I thought about getting a hydraulic jackplate, but didn't pull the trigger yet.  So, I'm still only getting 48-49 top end with it.  I might play with it more over the wintertime.

@Piker Can't that main bold be replaced? Or is it the threaded part of the jackplate itself that's stripped?

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Piker

• Guppy
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2016, 07:51:12 PM »
I believe it is the JP itself that is stripped.  I'm debating if spending the money on a hydraulic JP would solve my issue.  I think it needs just a little more lift to get it on its pad. 

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2016, 07:59:59 PM »
Personally, I'm a bit baffled by the HP 180 boats. I really think that with a 150 HP they should be running closer to 60 MPH or even slightly over that mark.

I'm willing to bet that with motor height tweaking (by use of a jackplate) and the correct prop, these boats could hit 60. But props are expensive and it would take someone with some good understanding and knowhow when it comes to tweaking a boat for top end speeds.

Would sure make an interesting project and thread here in the forums  :nod:

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Piker

• Guppy
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2016, 09:17:55 PM »
Yep- it is a matter of priority for me now.  I would like to get the boat down to the factory and get the real expert advice, but I don't know how their customer service is for something like this.  Besides, I just spent a good bit of money setting myself up  with a nice kayak and all the attachments.  I'm checking out some of the discussion groups and want to get used to fishing out of my yak and getting my skills with that up to par.  Work seems to be getting in the way of fishing.  I just got back from a 5 day fly-fishing trout trip as well-ironically in the same town as where the G3 factory is- Lebanon, MO.  LOL!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 12:47:56 PM »
I hear ya when it comes to priorities. Some things just have to wait.

I hope the yak works out for you. I've tossed around the idea of buying one, but I really don't need it. So I stick to the necessities for now  :nod:

Let us know how that goes for you!

Offline fishon-son

• Smallmouth Bass
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2016, 06:06:44 PM »
so curt , your running a 18 ft with a 150hp. aluminum boat..at 55mph? and wanting more?    i wish i had a copy or some pics of my friends old boat..folded in half....i love speed . i run at 63/65 mph in a 19f stratos vlo..150 merc.  fiberglass...that aluminum is scary   no thanks

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2016, 04:40:06 PM »
so curt , your running a 18 ft with a 150hp. aluminum boat..at 55mph? and wanting more?    i wish i had a copy or some pics of my friends old boat..folded in half....i love speed . i run at 63/65 mph in a 19f stratos vlo..150 merc.  fiberglass...that aluminum is scary   no thanks

Not sure what kind of boat your friend had, but the G3 isn't your typical Tracker style hull. It's actually designed with a pad, unlike the Trackers, Lowes, etc.

And I know that 54-55 is already plenty fast. I just think a boat that weighs so little, with a 150 HP outboard on it, should be able to run faster. Maybe I'm mistaken.

BTW... what caused your friend's boat to fold in half?

Tags: g3 boats 

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal