Bass Fishing Forums > Bass Fishing Tips & Techniques

Wacky vs. Texas

(1/3) > >>

Curt:
I fish soft stick worms (Senko style baits quite a bit.

To this day, I can honestly say that I have never caught a single fish on a wacky rigged bait of this type.

Every fish I have ever caught on them has been on a Texas rigged bait, And it's not for lack of trying the Wacky rig.

There have been days when I've tried ti and caught nothing, but switched back to the T rig and catch another fish.

Anyone have any tips or suggestions to make the Wacky rig more enticing, or maybe fill me in on something that I might be missing here?

JackJ:
I can't bring myself to wacky rig a worm, I feel like I would get hung up too much.    And I rarely rarely fish a senko style worm, but when I do it is texas rig weightless.

Jig Man:
Wacky is what I do when the water is high in the spring.  I fish along flooded bushes and let the bait settle next to them.  I sometimes put a carpet tack in one end to make it fall faster than the other end.  I don't do it unless the water is high.

Curt you should bite that senko off and Ned Rig it sometime in the spring or summer.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ned+rig&FORM=VIRE7#view=detail&mid=56D639C8890DD1D4FB5A56D639C8890DD1D4FB5A

Curt:

--- Quote from: Jig Man on November 21, 2015, 03:33:37 PM ---Wacky is what I do when the water is high in the spring.  I fish along flooded bushes and let the bait settle next to them.  I sometimes put a carpet tack in one end to make it fall faster than the other end.  I don't do it unless the water is high.

Curt you should bite that senko off and Ned Rig it sometime in the spring or summer.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ned+rig&FORM=VIRE7#view=detail&mid=56D639C8890DD1D4FB5A56D639C8890DD1D4FB5A

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tips, @Jig Man Maybe for the 2016 season I'll catch some fish on a stick worm that's not T rigged  :nod:

TK10:
Wacky is my favorite!  They are great for docks and edges of cover.  I always have one rigged on the deck.  I only use the Yamamoto 5" Senko.  I prefer the faster fall rate they have.
I rig mine on 8lb fluorocarbon or 30lb braid with 1/0 Gamakatsu Finesse W.G. Weedless hooks and an O'Wacky tool O-Ring.
Occasionally on windy days I will use an 1/16 or 1/8 wacky jig w/ weed guard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version