Bass Boat Forums (by boat brand) > ProCraft Bass Boats Forums

Gas gas gas

(1/5) > >>

Hjones:
I have a 06 192 super pro. I am having problems with gas coming out of the air vent as well as the fill cap when I Am trailering it. I have made sure that there are no dips in the vent line and it is still coming out. It has now started damageing my carpet. Any ideas

Curt:
Just a guess on my part, but is there a problem that's not allowing the vent to work properly? This could cause too much pressure in the tank, possibly leading to a problem such as yours.

Hjones:
When I got it they had the hose that runs the Vent on the top inside on the driver side was disconnected. They had another hose ran with a man maid vent that was laying down in the bottom of the boat and was pouring gas in the bottom of the boat. I disconnected it and hooked the other up. The gas is now coming out the vent as well as the full cap. I am adding two pictures. The passenger side has a T fitting and one side is capped off so I don't know if something was removed or what.

frugalangler:
A previous boat I had used a similar tank from what yours appears, it was a single tank but had a low space in the middle, and the two top portions each had a vent that had a cross-over hose between the two and then the other side of the T went to the hull vent, this allowed pressure in the far side to relieve thru the cross-over hose to the vent when the tank was full and boat tipped sideways or sloshed side-to-side. Maybe missing the cross-over hose, can't tell from the pics

Hjones:
Ok. That's what I was thinking. Along with the vent that is on the full cap may be stopped up as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version