Bass Boat Forums (by boat brand) > ProCraft Bass Boats Forums

Gas gas gas

<< < (2/5) > >>

Curt:
Sounds like a problem that was experienced by the previous owner. If you have his contact info, give him a call and see if he can fill you in on why he changed the vents for the tank. You may also want to try talking to a dealer or technician to see if they might be able to give you some insight.

Hjones:
Ok. My boat had a hose that ran from one side of the tank to the other and it has been disconnected. How important is that hose and could that be my problem.

frugalangler:
It is important, it allows a full tank to vent each side when under pressure from thermal expansion or slosh.

Find a dealer that might have a similar year/make boat on the lot and look at it's configuration - hopefully it's not been disturbed.

Generally, the vent should exit the hull higher than the top level of the tank sufficient that acceleration can't force fuel to exit, the cap should (in most cases) not have a vent, otherwise it's possible to establish a siphon effect (not likely if the vent is installed correct).

The manufacturer probably did some testing so getting it back to original is the best approach. As late a model year as yours, it was likely tested to meet NMMA certification which most all manufacturers undergo now.

Hjones:
K thanks. I just got back from a dealer. He told me that the hose should be hooked back up. The air vent that is on the driver side is apparently after market. The gas cap thing has a smaller hose going to it. It's just a lip on top not a screw cap. 

Curt:

--- Quote from: Hjones on May 31, 2016, 04:23:44 PM ---K thanks. I just got back from a dealer. He told me that the hose should be hooked back up. The air vent that is on the driver side is apparently after market. The gas cap thing has a smaller hose going to it. It's just a lip on top not a screw cap. 

--- End quote ---

Sounds like someone did some jury rigging. Man I hate that!  :thumbdown:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version