Bass Boat Forums (by boat brand) > Tracker Bass Boats Forums

Prop

<< < (3/5) > >>

Nightmare:
The syntax on the "13x26" tag suggests that is the prop spec BUT I would question that. A 26" pitch on a 13" diameter is kind of extreme.  Just my observation...

jak0253:
My boat does have 2.0:1 gearing, there is a label for that as well. You would think Tracker would install the right prop to begin with. I will check with my local marina to see if they will let me try different props. Two more questions is the diameter of the prop something I should be looking at as well as the pitch (in other words 13 x 16 prop would be a good starting point according to your calculations) and is there a way for a laymen like myself to check the pitch. Thanks to all for the help.

Curt:
Regarding changing the diameter, I wouldn't recommend it. But maybe someone else here will have a different opinion with logic as to why or why not it's a good idea.

JackJ:
Go through this and see what it suggest...   https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/propellers/selector/#/step-one

frugalangler:

--- Quote from: jak0253 on November 30, 2016, 06:36:57 AM --- and is there a way for a laymen like myself to check the pitch. Thanks to all for the help.

--- End quote ---

Most all props have a stamped or engraved pitch labeling on them, or an embossing on the inside of the hub in some cases. You may need to remove the prop to see it though.

Are you certain the 'sticker' shows 13X26 and not 13X16, I'm really curious now to hear what size the prop is marked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version