BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 374
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Got Out Yesterday  (Read 4111 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Got Out Yesterday
« on: April 04, 2017, 09:43:16 AM »
After looking at the forecasts for the week I decided yesterday would be the best day to hit the water. So I headed out and started fishing around 9:45 AM.

Very little wind for the first little bit, but it started picking up within a half hour or so. The first hour was pretty comfortable, but it got steadily windier and colder as the day wore on.

My wife met me at the launch for lunch at around 11:30, and then she joined me on the boat for the next 2 1/2 hours, so she could get some fishing in too.  (yes)

I had her rigged up with a spinning rod and a floating Rapala for th4e first little bit and then I decided to start teaching her how to use a baitcasting outfit. I figured that if she's gonna fish, she might as well learn the ropes the right way  :)

She learned like a champ!

And after switching up lures for her, she landed her first bass of the year on the baitcaster too!

Yes, that is her "fishing glove" on her hand  (giggle)

I also landed a couple bass, also on bladed jigs. Here's one of them.

I have a tourney on this same lake this coming Saturday. With the torrential rains we're getting today, along with 20-30 MPH winds, and more rain and wind later in the week, I am expecting the water to be high and muddy for Saturday.

Should prove to be interesting  (hmm)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal