Bass Fishing Forums > Fishing Line

Gonna Give This Line a Try

(1/2) > >>

Curt:
Well, after deciding that I would like to give braid another try this year, I think I will rig one spinning outfit with braid and one casting outfit also.

For my spinning rig, I want to give this line a try: http://amzn.to/2pl2jlg

If you recall, I bought a KastKing casting reel back at the beginning of the Winter and have really gotten to like it now that I have had a chance to use it this spring. I think it's one of the best deals I've gotten on a reel in many years.

So in light of that I want to give their braided line a try. The price is excellent and the reviews are very good overall. So I think I will be ordering my first spool this week for the spinning rod and reel.

I'll let you know what I think of it once I get it and get to use it a bit.

Eric Low:
Here is a leader knot for you to try 10lb braid works great on spinning

Curt:
@Eric Low Thanks for the video. Seems a bit complicated but maybe watching it several times will make it easier.

Regarding the lb. test of braid for spinning gear, are you saying you use 10 lb. test braid? I was thinking of using 30 lb. braid, since it has about the same diameter as 10 lb. mono. Maybe that's overkill?

What do you guys all recommend?

Eric Low:
I use 10-20lb braid. Prefer lighter.  Practice the knot. You won't have to do it very often on the water. Quite often I will use 10lb braid with 15 lb floro. Drop shot 6-8 lb

Curt:

--- Quote from: Eric Low on April 30, 2017, 10:27:23 PM ---I use 10-20lb braid. Prefer lighter.

--- End quote ---

OK. Thanks. I guess I will opt for the lighter end of it.

--- Quote --- Practice the knot. You won't have to do it very often on the water.
--- End quote ---

Makes sense. How long do you typically make your leader?

--- Quote --- Quite often I will use 10lb braid with 15 lb floro. Drop shot 6-8 lb
--- End quote ---

Interesting that you would use 15 lb. leader with 10 lb. braid. Is this due to using it around rocky cover, or is there some other reason?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version