Bass Boat Forums (by boat brand) > Tracker Bass Boats Forums

96 bass tracker

<< < (2/6) > >>

Curt:
Thanks for the correction, guys. I'm not sure where I got the 100:1 from. Somehow that got stuck in my head from somewhere  (fp)

I honestly remember running 50:1 during break-in and then mixing 100:1. Or at least that's what I think I remember. Again, that was a long time ago and it was with an Evinrude, not a Merc.

Anyway, thanks for the correction  :thumbup:

Jig Man:
Curt a looooong time ago they had us run double oil for a tank or so then go to 50:1 on those JohnRudes.   Maybe that is what you are remembering.

Curt:

--- Quote from: Jig Man on February 06, 2018, 02:39:03 PM ---Curt a looooong time ago they had us run double oil for a tank or so then go to 50:1 on those JohnRudes.   Maybe that is what you are remembering.

--- End quote ---

Yep. That's what it was. I had a 1989 Bass Tracker Pro 17 with a 40 HP Evinrude on it. Can't believe I still had that stuck in my head  (fp)

frugalangler:
I like Charlie ran Penzoil Syn Blend for quite a while, but have switched to Cabela's branded Syn Blend now for about 8 years, in a number of motors, and have a number of folks in our club that run it also. We recently had an engine torn down that threw a rod (not from oil, it hit a object underwater) and wear was excellent! We usually buy a season's worth when it goes on sale in spring for somewhere around $12-$13, and even free shipping to our door, so it's a bargain for us. Yep, oil is like opinions on trucks and religion, everyone has one and theirs is best, just passing along an alternative.

Curt:

--- Quote ---We usually buy a season's worth when it goes on sale in spring for somewhere around $12-$13, and even free shipping to our door, so it's a bargain for us.
--- End quote ---

Great info. Thanks! :thumbup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version