Outboard Motor Forums (by brand) > Mercury/Mariner Outboards

Mercury 1150 mounting.

(1/3) > >>

jeramie reed:
I have a great running merc 1150 that I would like to install on a newer boat that had a standard OMC 4 bolt mounting. The merc has the bolts in the bottom but has clamp screws up top instead of bolts. I do not want to redrill. The later merc tower of power in the 80s used a standard 4 bolt OMC pattern. My question is can the older engine be installed on the newer mount or did they change something else to prevent that?

Curt:
I wonder if @bullet20dc might know the answer to this one.

jeramie reed:
I was thinking of possibly using a jack plate to mount it as an adapter.

bullet20dc:
Im confused  do u want to mount the 1150 on a jack plate and use a plate drilled for OMC on the boat side  If thats the case the tower may work OK but I would find a way of removing the clamps and put in bolts.  I dont think the clamps will close (thread) down far enough for the thin aluminum plate.
I hope you know what youre getting yourself in for changing from OMC to merc.  Not a cheap ez job Nothing will work  steering, gauges, throttle, engine harness all have to be changed over to merc.   Good luck

bullet20dc:
Oh btw when you mount it make sure the lower unit is at least 4 inches below the pad on that tower

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version