Bass Fishing Forums > Rods

Berkley E Motion Rods

(1/4) > >>

dchance:
As a frugal angler I have always loved the performance and price of the Berkley rods. More specifically the Lightning rods. I do not think there can be a better value in a rod at any price range. I am interested in their new line the E Motion rods. anybody with any insight?

Curt:
I've used a lot of Berkley rods over the years. My first baitcaster was a Lightning Rod.

I don't use quite as many of them now as I used to, but I still think they're a great rod for the money. And for budget-minded anglers, they're tough to beat IMO.

RedAllison:
I agree, sometimes with some tactics I wonder to myself why I every felt it necessary to spend several hundred bucks on a rodNreel for that particular tactic when a much cheaper reel and a ol Lightning Rod woulda been just as effective?  (hmm) Summer before last I had a couple of buds down fishing on my farm lake, one of them doesn't use baitcasters but the other had 1 baitcaster and 1 spinnin rod and wanted to go "all baitcaster" and get a couple of new rigs. He's a "weekend warrior" and will never fish tourney's nor will he ever fill up more than 1 tacklebox so I told him to go buy two rods. He got both at Wallyworld, they were Berkley Lightining Shock rods, a 6'6" med general use and a 6'6" med/hvy for plastics. I forget the reels he got but they were middle of the road "decent" and the rods he now LOVES! Compared to what he had they are MUCH better and for his fishing they do 99.99% of what he'll ever need of them. (In fact back in Oct the 3 of us were down in FLA on vacation with our families and they brought their boat so that we could go red fishing. I didn't carry any tackle so he used one of his Berkley's and I used the other slingin live bait. They worked fine for those reds which are MUCH stronger than any bass!) 

Carter:
I don't know anything about the E Motion rods either. Have you tried their Cherrywood rods. While fishing for walleye in Lake Erie I caught several big drum on one. Never had a problem with it.

dreaminbig:
I am a Berkley rod fanatic!  Every rod except 2 that I own are Berkley's.  I've only broken a couple in 20 years of use and IMO are outstanding rods.  That being said, I picked up one of the E-Motion rods back in the fall.  I got the 7' MH.  I've caught a couple of fish on it and so far it seems to be an outstanding rod.  It's super light and sensitive.  I also love the small eyes on it.  Well worth the money!  (y)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version