Bass Fishing Forums > Bass Fishing Tips & Techniques

Wacky vs. Texas

<< < (3/4) > >>

Curt:

--- Quote from: Nightmare on December 24, 2017, 09:26:52 PM ---Maybe it's the strike that you're waiting for... a strike for me is a minor twitch on the water surface off the line. Setting the hook is more a pop than a tooth-jerker.  (shrug)

--- End quote ---

Have honestly never had a single bite with the wacky rig. I know how subtle bites can be. But it has just plain never happened for me (yet).

bullet20dc:
my 2 cents ,    wacky worm,   not good in weeds, it wont penetrate millfoil or hydrilla,  bad in wind, the line is caught by the wind and bows and the bait is dragged a few inches below the surface   however on a calm rocky or sparcely weeded area  nothing beats the wacky rigged worm for numbers.  but as stated patience is the key.  Most over work it.  I had a guy on the trail that literally cast his senko,  lit his cigarette and didnt move it till he was done with the butt.  The man caught some fish but dayum thats over the top for me.  I have also found that on some days and some lakes  that wacky wont get a sniff . dont have the answer for that one Ill take the tx rig or open hook rig over the wacky for bigger fish 

Curt:
Thanks @bullet20dc for your input. Much appreciated  :nod:

Nightmare:
No arguments here, Bullet.

Although I ain't pitchin it into weeds, it does okay thru submerged weeds the way I rig it and ain't afraid to chuck it out into enclosed pockets lookin for a fish to make it weedless... If its not there, oh well - my brother always said "if you ain't gettin' hung up, you ain't where the fish are"  :rolleyes:.

Wind is a pita but my work around is chuckin' into it. The thing finds its way into the wind surprisingly well given its relatively light weight albeit dense for its bulk. My bigger issue there is wave action - waves over 1 1/2 foot becomes a wall to bite detection.

As always, while everyone has their preferred technique given the chance - ya still gotta do what the fish want or suffer for it.  (shrug)

Hope Santa treated everyone well! He brought me a new onboard charger (lost 1 bank late this season).  (rock)

Curt:

--- Quote from: Nightmare on December 26, 2017, 08:10:16 AM ---
my brother always said "if you ain't gettin' hung up, you ain't where the fish are"  :rolleyes:.

Hope Santa treated everyone well! He brought me a new onboard charger (lost 1 bank late this season).  (rock)

--- End quote ---

Your brother is 100% right! I remember my early days trying to avoid weeds because they fouled the lure up. I was obviously using the wrong lures for the conditions, which I learned pretty quickly  (giggle)

Glad you got yourself a new charger. Hope it works out well for you  :thumbup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version